META has just announced its brand-new AI Research SuperCluster, or RSC, for short! It will aim to be the largest supercomputer in the world as the phased expansion progresses through 2022.
The primary objective of this supercomputer is to provide 5 Exaflops of compute power to develop next-generation AI models that will be critical in the evolution of metaverse technologies being researched by Meta. For example, AI models in computer vision (CV), natural language processing (NLP) and speech recognition are foundational in an augmented reality world. The next level would be powering these models in real-time on a global scale. This will require quintillions of operations per second.
Not only will the metaverse require real-time processing of raw data, but it will need advanced forms of AI learning, including complex self-supervised learning, where algorithms learn from unlabelled examples.
Using Pure Storage and NVIDIA Technologies
META selected best-of-breed technologies to build this ultimate supercomputer. These include:
- 760 NVIDIA DGX A100 systems totalling 6080 GPUs in the Compute Layer;
- NVIDIA 200Gb/s Quantum InfiniBand network switches in the Networking Layer;
- 175 petabytes of Pure Storage FlashArray for primary storage;
- 10 petabytes of Pure Storage FlashBlade for object storage; and
- 46 petabytes of Penguin Computing for cache storage.
Data Sciences Corporation is a proud partner of Pure Storage and NVIDIA and has delivered AI Supercomputer solutions for key South African organisations, enabling their AI journeys.
- In 2020, Pure Storage awarded Data Sciences Corporation with the coveted EMEA Partner of the Year award for our continued excellence in technology leadership.
- In 2021 NVIDIA awarded Data Sciences Corporation the prestigious Preferred Partner status for NVIDIA Data Centre and Cloud AI solution. We are currently the only NVIDIA partner in South Africa that holds this status for delivering the first NVIDIA DGX A100 supercomputer solution in Africa.
Please feel free to contact us on our website to learn more. www.datasciences.co.za
Check out the AI RSC video here:
Link to Pure Storage announcement:
Link to Meta announcement:
Link to NVIDIA DGX A100:
Link to Data Sciences Corporation LinkedIn profile for NVIDIA videos:
Please follow us on LinkedIn to get future information!
Data Sciences Corporation is a leading IT solutions provider and emerging technologies systems integrator. Contact us for more information about our Pure Storage and NVIDIA AI/ML Supercomputers for the enterprise.