Almost overnight, the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated businesses into the future of work. Employers were forced to figure out how to allow workers to work remotely from anywhere at any time.
Based on experience and the benefit of hindsight, the new work model of the future will likely be a hybrid that combines the best aspects of both worlds. With the benefit of hindsight, everyone can take a step back and investigate this new future a little more thoroughly from a global standpoint.
Many professionals experienced the freedom that remote work can provide as a result of the pandemic. Employee connection and co-operation, higher productivity, increased flexibility and possibilities for learning and growth are some of the advantages of hybrid work. Many organisations have grown to appreciate the benefits of remote work while maintaining a solid commitment to in-office collaboration and culture creation.
Businesses had to build a digital workplace that functions like a machine; to do this, they needed the appropriate tools, like Nakivo Backup & Replication, which prevents unauthorised security breaches.
Tamia Eckersley, Junior Product Manager at Data Sciences, said: “With Nakivo Backup & Replication, you can reliably protect your virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments, ensure the consistency of application data, increase backup performance and reduce backup size.”
There are many ways to accomplish this; for example, Nakivo supports the following backup types.
- Microsoft 365 Backup: Creates incremental backups of Microsoft 365 data in Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online, which can help save space, time and money, all while ensuring the desired level of data protection.
- Backup to cloud: This backup service primarily ensures data recovery during a DR event. It sends backups to public clouds like Amazon S3, Wasabi, Backblaze B2 and Azure Blob Storage.
- Global deduplication: Deduplicate backups across the entire backup repository, regardless of the platform.
You can also quickly restore virtual machines (VMs), files and application objects from backups using Nakivo Backup & Replication by doing the following:
- Instant physical to virtual (P2V): Instantly recover physical machines from backups as VMware vSphere VMs.
- File share recovery: Recover entire file shares and specific files/folders inside shares to a custom location on SMB/NFS shares, send via e-mail or download to a browser.
- Universal object recovery: Recover individual objects by choosing a recovery point and mounting VM disks from the backup directly to another machine.
Not only that, but Nakivo also includes integrated site recovery functionality that allows you to manage disaster recovery and perform VM replication. Site recovery creates a disaster recovery workflow that ensures business continuity and availability.
Last but not least, Nakivo uses tools like native change tracking to detect changes without reading the entire source data, create faster incremental backups and throttle backup data transfers by configuring global or per-job bandwidth rules, particularly during working hours. These features can reduce network load by as much as 50% while doubling backup, replication and recovery speeds.
Matthew Odgers once said: “The sole reason we are in business is to make life less difficult for our clients.” And that is precisely what we have been doing for the past 10 years at Data Sciences Corporation.
If you would like us to help you backup, replicate, instant restore, recover and monitor in a single pane of glass, then what are you waiting for? Contact us now.